What is Archery Tag and how it works
How do you play it?
Archery Tag is a sport that takes inspiration in profesional archery. Our bows are prepared for both right and left handed people to hold them easily and the primary difference with real archery is that our ammunition is a bit different: Homologated arrows with a foam tip already licensed in the USA and that you have the chance to try from now on in Barcelona.
The rules of this sport combines elements from dodge ball, paintball and traditional archery, which turns it into an exciting mixture and in one of the best and most fun ways to release adrenalin in parties, stag parties, team building events or any kind of event for councils and other entities.
Archery Tag also has many other names like archery attack, archery combat or archery battle. Awake the warrior within you and put your aim, your reflexes and your eagerness to have fun to test. Choose between one of our many fees the one that adapt better to your group of friend and do not waste any time to reserve a date.
Archery Tag Game Play
Two teams of 4 to 9 players each are made, which means a group of minimum 8 people (4 vs 4) and maximum 18 players (9 vs 9) at the same time, that will place themselves in two different pitches separated by a safety area from which people cannot fire any arrow. Each of the teams will have 5 targets to shoot, barriers where they can take cover behind, bows, arrows, safety masks and armguards, everything developed in a specific way to assure the game runs smoothly and to make it as exciting as possible.
Our instructors will also act as referees and will make the game even more exciting while they make sure that everything is done according to the rules. For example, they can stop the game for a brief moment to deposit more arrows in the safe zone or they will be counting the score that each team is getting.
The rules of Archery Tag
The archery combat goal is to score more points than the opposing team. To achieve that, both teams will be firing arrows to their corresponding targets or even to the opposing team players. Players will get points as following:
• 2 points for whoever is able to take down a target.
• 2 points if a player catches an arrow shot by the other team while it is still flying. In that case, if there is any player eliminated in the team of the player who grabbed the arrow, they will come back to the field immediately.
• 1 point if they hit a player from the other team. Moreover, the player who got shot will have to stay out of the game for 30 seconds.
The playing field
The archery battle is a safe game to play as long as everyone follow the rules that the instructors explained for each game, and as long as everyone is wearing the protective equipment and no one shoots closer than 7 meters from other players. If somebody does not follow the rules, someone can get hurt needlessly, and the Archery Tag objective is for you to release adrenalin and enjoy this fun experience in a completely safe way. The supervisors will make sure to explain the rules and will be watching at all times that everyone is playing following them in order to guarantee the excitement and fair play.
The arrows can only be used together with our homologated bows. It is not allowed to shoot with any kind of bow and we will not take responsibility for any damage done by anyone who uses our bows in a wrong way. It is also not allowed for players to move the barriers in order to keep themselves covered through all the game.
Get an adrenalin rush and feel the same excitement that a professional archer feels with Archery Tag Barcelona, the new game for any group of people that will awake the Robin Hood within you… or maybe more like Arrow or Brave. Everyone can enjoy it the way they like it!
Frequently Asked Questions
· If you cancel your reservation a week before the event or sooner, you will get a full refund.
· If the cancellation is made on the same week of the event, you will get half of the reservation fee refunded.
· You will not be able to get a refund if you cancel your reservation on the same day of the event.
· If we have to cancel your event in an outdoor pitch because of harsh weather, like heavy rain or a hailstorm, you will get a full refund of what you already paid, as long as you are present on the pitch at the time of the reservation.